Arrowquip Calving Pen
The Calving Pen is built for maximum safety and control in high-pressure situations when dealing with vulnerable animals. Designed as a circular pen featuring a NEW full-length steel ribbed floor, the Calving Pen ensures that cattle are led safely into the head gate with the assistance of the sweep that works with the natural flow of cattle. For added security, sweep gate stops are located every 21 ¾" on the curved panels, so even if a cow pushes back, you’re always kept safe.
To access different parts of the animal, top and bottom individually locked doors are located on both sides of the pen. In the event that a calf needs to be pulled, easily access your chains from the added back pan shelf, and fully open the 7.9' back gate on new bushings and updated hinges for unbeatable access when it matters most.
Animals placed in the Calving Pen often need time to recuperate after a procedure. The self-catch head gate is designed to allow the rancher to closely monitor the animal while it is in recovery by opening back into the pen to keep the animal safety contained inside.
Designed with animal and rancher safety in mind, the Calving Pen is equipped with features that provide great animal control and accessibility in critical situations while minimizing stress and risk.
The quarter-circle design of the Calving Pen ensures that cattle are easily moved with the sweep gate into the self-catch head gate. There are no corners for stressed out cattle to back into, ensuring they can be safely handled in the pen. The sweep gate also allows the handler to control the cow without having to physically get into the pen, so they stay safely out of harm's way. When the sweep gate is locked onto the back gate, the Calving Pen transforms into a basic chute with a new full-length ribbed steel floor to keep cattle stationary when undergoing a procedure.
Featuring a wide 7.9' back gate on new bushings and upgraded hinges, the Calving Pen provides full, wide-open access for pulling calves. Additionally, the top and bottom split doors on both sides of the pen have independent locks, offering full side access to the animal while keeping livestock securely contained.
The Calving Pen is designed to accommodate any animal that requires immediate attention. For sick animals that need to be isolated from the herd, the Calving Pen provides great access to safely perform necessary treatments and procedures.
The sweep gate enables the handler to guide and safely secure the animal in the head gate. The straight sides on the self-catch head gate reduce stress points, helping keep cattle calm and eliminating a choking risk if they go down. Sweep gate stops are located every 21 ¾" on the curved panels to ensure that the handler is kept safe, even if livestock push back on the gate. To closely monitor a cow after an operation, the self-catch head gate opens back into the pen to keep the cow contained.
- Quarter-circle shape eliminates risk of animals backing into a corner
- 7.9' back gate for full, open rear access when pulling calves
- Can be used as a hospital pen for sick animals
- Sweep gate allows handler to control the cow without having to get into the pen
- Split top and bottom access doors on both sides of the pen
- Self-catch head gate features straight sides for added safety in the event that a cow goes down
- Straight sides on the self-catch head gate reduces stress points
- Individual locks on top and bottom doors on both sides provide access to different parts of the animal
- Quarter-circle shape allows the sweep gate to work effectively, covering the entire surface area of the pen
- Sweep gate can be chained to the back of the pen for added security
- Sweep gate features stops every 21 ¾" to ensure cattle cannot push the gate back towards the handler
- NEW full-length ribbed steel floor in the chute area to keep pen stationary and provide additional grip for the animal
- Added back pan shelf allows handler to quickly access and store calving chains and other tools