Power I-MIG 230i
If you are a professional welder or just an enthusiast looking for a basic MIG welder to take care of all your daily welding needs, the Power i-MIG 230i may be just the unit to end your search. By offering 230 amps of High-duty cycle MIG welding power and combining it with up to 180 amps of stick welding power, the Power i-MIG 230i establishes its reign as king with an iron fist. There is nothing that can rival the Power i-MIG's performance, price, and simplicity, not even close. The unit is beautifully simple and portable thanks to the digitally controlled IGBT inverter design. Whether it is on the factory floor or in the speed shop, this unit delivers more in features than it appears at first glance, and much more than it's nearest 200-250 amp competitors. But yet it remains simple to use and set up, retaining a traditional look and feel of a larger, roll around machine, even down to the heavy-duty 4 roll, gear-driven, cast aluminum wire drive system. In fact if you compare it to many units in it's class the unit comes standard equipped with many features that the competition offers as optional, add-on items that really jack the price out of sight. These additional features don't cost extra and are intuitive to use if you need them If you don't need them or not sure if you will need them or not, don't worry. The unit operates just fine without them.
- GMAW/SMAW Operation (MIG/Stick)
- Industrial Class Duty Cycle @ 50%
- Twin Cooling fan design
- Spot and Stitch timers
- Burn back control
- Cast aluminum heavy duty 2 roll wire feeder
- Euro Quick connect series 24 MIG gun (Binzel/Trafimet compatable)
- Arc force control useful for fine tuning arc characteristics in MIG and Stick modes
- Dual Digital Display allows precise and repeatable setting of welding parameters
- Suitcase size, holds up to a 12" roll of welding wire. Adapter included for 8".
- E6010 Capable with 2 stick settings
- HD 4 roller, gear driven wire feed
- Dual Voltage 120/240V
- Digitally Controlled IGBT Inverter
- Up to 600 IPM wire feed speed.
- 10 ft. (3m) 24 series MIG gun with Euro quick-connect
- Workclamp with cable
- Ar/CO2 Regulator
- Spare Contact Tip
- Welding cart
- 15-25 ft MIG gun ( 25, 24, or 36 series)
- Spool gun
- Weld up to a maximum of 7/16" in a single pass weld* 240V
- Weld up to 3/4" in multiple pass weld 240V
- Weld a minimum of 24 gauge 120/240V
- Weld a maximum of 1/8" single pass on 120V
- Weld a maximum of 1/4" multi-pass on 120V
*Single pass welds greater than 1/4" are not generally recommended as a sound welding technique.
Min MIG welds are same 120V or 240V.
- Weld with an electrode with a minimum diameter of 1/16" 120/240V
- Weld with an electrode with a maximum diameter of 5/32" 240V
- Weld with an electrode with a maximum diameter of 3/32" 120V
Stick maximum electrode capability is ultimately dependent upon electrode type and electrode manufacturer recommendation.
For Aluminum, use optional spool gun. (Uses MTS version of gun)